Sunday, March 11, 2012

Project Diaries

For my on-going studio project, The Communication Survival Project, I was using a notebook that was in tatters (best if not shown) and I got some really strange looks from people when I opened it. I loved the notebook, but after pages started falling off,  I decided to make a fresh and new one for my first ever project! I happened to mention to Akshan, who gave me the definite "Ah yes, you SHOULD have a notebook"

I was sure I wanted a nice, thick, strong and hard cover diary. I hand bound the entire book, from stitching it to putting the cover, with the assistance of  my very helpful classmate Jasleen, and the Sachinbhai, of the Printing Labs at NID. The paper inside is executive bond and the cover is an old poster that was gathering dust in my shelf. Its of the very famous Kohinoor Typeface by the ITF. The reason why I chose this cover was because it did add a lot of stability and visual element,  since my project has a lot to do with languages and communication.

By the end of the entire process, it looked so nice to me that  I didnt want to write in it!

I also ended up making a small, centre stapled diary from the remains of the poster, to be used for notes and sketches. The pages of this diary are collected from old, one side used papers from different pads.


Thank you Jasleen for the last minute help!






The Diaries


The Main Dairy





The Inside Pages

Colour for this chappal: Black and White

4 comments:

  1. I also want one!! Make one for me tooo...!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "By the end of the entire process, it looked so nice to me that I didnt want to write in it!"
      Heh heh. I so relate to this sentiment - though in my case it's usually about things I buy that I later feel are too pretty to be used :D

      Delete
  2. "By the end of the entire process, it looked so nice to me that I didnt want to write in it!"
    Heh heh. I so relate to this sentiment - though in my case it's usually about things I buy that I later feel are too pretty to be used :D

    ReplyDelete